Saturday, September 3, 2011

Melancholia

So this movie has been making headlines recently, following the Cannes Festival a few months back (mostly because of director Lars von Trier's comments about the Nazis), but I just saw the trailer today and I've watched it at least 5 times. I don't know what it is but it's almost addictingly beautiful plus it includes a gorgeous Wagner score (hence von Trier's comments about the Nazis) and I am a sucker for an art film. I read some early reviews of it and one of the comments on the trailer video said, "It was the most horrifying movie I have ever seen. I couldn't speak for an hour after watching it."
Still unsure if I'm going to go see it, to be frank. I said I was going to see Tree of Life this summer but that didn't really pan out because of all of the terrible reviews/ no one wanted to see it with me. Perhaps I can work up the courage for this one but it honestly looks brutal.

No comments:

Post a Comment